Our employees are our biggest asset. Use your expertise to design, build, and test applications utilizing the VB6 and Series/1 assembly programming languages. We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Who Are We Looking For:
We are looking for a Series/1 assembly developer responsible for building Series/1 applications. Your primary responsibilities will be to perform product design implementation, defect verification, release testing, and support on various application software or batch processing software projects. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Perform moderately complex product design, systems analysis, and programming activities
- Perform design, implementation and maintenance of single product modules/sub-systems or on lower level issues of multiple products.
- Prepare technical documentation of product sub-systems.
- Conduct unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
- Perform moderately complex defect verification, release testing and support for assigned products.
- Research defects reported by QA or Customer Support and develop solutions to the defects.
- Research and understand the marketing requirements for a product, including target environment, performance criteria and competitive issues.
- Research new technology or development tools to remain informed of current technology.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to self-manage.
- Ability to work in a cooperative team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the English language.
- Ability to train and monitor junior level developers.
- Excellent conceptual, and critical thinking capabilities.
What Experience You’ll Need:
- Extensive experience in the Series/1 assembly language.
- Strong technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation.
- Excellent analytical and design skills at multiple product levels.
- Excellent skills in research and analysis, project planning and implementation.
- Sound understanding of entire development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance.
- Aware of business issues as they impact overall project plans.
What Experience Would Be Beneficial:
- Understanding of Scrum and Agile.
What Education You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or mathematics, preferred.
- Typically requires a minimum of 4+ years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Please note the following items before submitting your resume and cover letter:
- This position is in-house only.
- Please submit your cover letter and resume in PDF format. Thank you!
- Relocation assistance available.
- Smith Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Follows the Federal Guidelines for a Drug-Free Work Environment.