Are you a solutions builder? We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced and passionate Software Development Engineer to drive high priority software initiatives involving the Microsoft Azure Platform. This role reports to the VP of Cloud Computing driving and influencing overall Azure cloud technical projects across the enterprise. Come join us and make a difference! Smith Technologies delivers powerful innovative software and technology solutions for the healthcare industry. Be part of mission critical software directly impacting people’s lives.
What You'll Be Doing:
As a Senior Azure Software Development Engineer, you will be part of a very dynamic team of engineers helping establish and drive cloud-based software development best practices. You will be working very closely with various engineering teams helping promote and implement coding and DevOps best practices for the Azure cloud. You will serve as an in-house cloud development expert rotating in and out of various scrum teams, helping other team members learn new techniques and best practices for the development of hybrid and cloud-based secure, reliable, scalable, available and compliant software in a highly regulated industry.
Who Are We Looking For:
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to work in cooperative team environments.
- Great team participation skills.
- Solid understanding in the development lifecycle focusing on the Microsoft stack.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the English language.
- Understanding of Scrum and Agile.
What Experience You’ll Need to Have:
- Solid practical experience developing enterprise-grade software applications using Azure and the platform.
- From the development perspective, you must have a very strong, proficiency in most Azure services across IaaS and PaaS.
- Experience with Azure SQL, Azure Automation (ARM), and Azure Resource Manager.
- Cloud design patterns; experience designing, planning, and implementing Azure-based applications.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure infrastructure requirements and needs.
- Strong development expertise using Azure Worker Roles, App Services, Web Roles, Scheduler, Service Bus, Logic Aps, serverless apps and Event Hub.
- Implementation experience on Custom Attributes, Role based access (RBAC) and AD Groups.
- Working experience on ARM templates, PowerShell scripting.
- Azure Storage and Backup Experience – Design data storage, data governance & movement, orchestration solutions on Azure.
- Creating technical and security architecture documentation for Azure-based solutions for a large enterprise (reliable and high-scale).
- Experience selecting migration and/or re-architecture strategies for Azure-based applications.
What Education You'll Need to Have:
A minimum of a BS or BA in Computer Science, an Engineering discipline, or equivalent years of experience is required for this position.
Nice to have:
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate or Microsoft Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert
- Experience in the Healthcare Industry
Please note the following items before submitting your resume and cover letter.
- Please submit your cover letter and resume in PDF format. Thank you!
- Relocation assistance available.
- Smith Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Follows the Federal Guidelines for a Drug-Free Work Environment.