We are looking for engineers that are inspired to build solutions to further enrich the Smith Technologies client community. Do you want to join us? Bring your unique strengths, talents and energy to work with us. Our applications serve millions of people in life-saving ways and we would love to have you be apart of our team.
A look at what you will be doing:
You will be assisting the team with all aspects of software development activities involving specialized multi-tasking application servers, software emulators, IVR systems, terminal emulators, software interfaces to hardware devices, etc.
Do you see yourself in these characteristics:
- Passion for ‘low level’ hard core development technologies with focus on quality and risk management
- Enthusiasm for diving in and getting under the hood, identifying and solving problems in a wide range of software codebases in programming languages and frameworks you may or may not be familiar with.
- Ability to tackle development tasks involving software systems that are unfamiliar, as well as learning them on-the-fly.
- Ability to collaborate successfully with others across disciplines.
- Humility. Strong sense of ownership, customer service, and integrity. Willing to roll up your sleeves to help others
- Open to contributing ideas for best practice improvements, process improvements, and innovative solutions.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
What experience would make you successful:
Typically requires a minimum of 5+ years relevant experience:
- Superior proficiency in programming (more than two of: x86 assembler (MASM), C, C++, MFC, C#) with experience implementing complex multi-threaded Microsoft Windows services and backend applications.
- Excellent understanding of Windows event driven programming, Win32 APIs, inter-process and inter-thread communications, synchronization & thread safety concepts
- Professional experience in developing performance-critical, low-latency, high-throughput, services
- Network programming experience and knowledge of communication and protocol stacks (TCP/IP, sockets, web services) and tools (e.g. Wireshark).
- Good knowledge of debugging and diagnostic tools (WinDbg, Sysinternals tools…)
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, .NET, SOAP and REST APIs
Nice to have:
- Understanding of Scrum and Agile.
- Any previous development experience in healthcare and payment processing (claims processing, electronic prescriptions, credit cards, Ingenico devices....)
- Any experience/understanding of cloud technologies, Containers, Microservices, AI, ML.
What Education You'll Need to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or mathematics, preferred.
Please note the following items before submitting your resume and cover letter.
- This position is in-house only.
- Please submit your cover letter and resume in PDF format. Thank you!
- Relocation assistance available.
- Smith Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity. We follow the Federal Guidelines for a Drug-Free Work Environment.