We are looking for people who are excited about creating products and implementing solutions that are reliable and innovative. As a Software Engineer, you own and build major parts of our core transactional data engines. Come with a passion to make yourself and those around you better every day. We look forward to hearing from you!
A look at what you will be doing:
You will be performing product design, new implementation, maintenance, and production control of distributed, multi-threaded high-volume transactional systems and databases that process millions of transactions per day for clients throughout the United States.
Do you see yourself in these characteristics:
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to work in a cooperative DevOps team environment.
- Passion for development technologies and focus on quality and risk management
- Exceptional technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation.
- Open to contributing ideas for best practice improvements, process improvements, and innovative solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide support for critical systems as needed.
What experience would make you successful:
We have positions available for junior through senior developers and will provide mentoring and training commensurate with experience level for the following:
- Proficiency in programming (more than one of: C#, C++, C) with experience designing and implementing complex multi-threaded Microsoft Windows services and backend applications
- Professional experience in developing performance-critical, low-latency, high-throughput, scalable and highly-available distributed .NET services for high volume mission critical transactional systems
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, .NET, SOAP and REST APIs
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and the ability to work efficiently with stored procedures, etc.
- Understanding of development activities related to large mission critical, high throughput distributed OLTP Microsoft SQL Server databases
- Network programming experience and knowledge of communication and protocol stacks (TCP/IP, sockets, web services, etc.) and tools (e.g. Wireshark).
Nice to have:
- Understanding of Scrum and Agile.
- Understanding of DevOps practices including Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Monitoring, and Logging.
- Any previous development experience in healthcare and payment processing (claims processing, electronic prescriptions, credit cards..) and associated standards and regulations (NCPDP, PCI, ..etc)
- Any experience/understanding of ‘cool’ technologies: Containers, Microservices, AI, ML, big data analytics.
What Education You'll Need to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or mathematics, preferred.
- Typically requires a minimum of 1-10+ years of experience in product development.
Please note the following items before submitting your resume and cover letter.
- This position is in-house only.
- Please submit your cover letter and resume in PDF format. Thank you!
- Relocation assistance available.
- Smith Technoloiges is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity. We follow the Federal Guidelines for a Drug-Free Work Environment.